Overlapping fan-shaped motifs give this stunning scarf a sculptural quality
What you'll need
SMC Catania, 1.75oz/50g balls, each approx 136yd/125m (cotton)
- 4 balls #00253 Jade
- Size D/3 (3.25mm) crochet hook or any size to obtain correct gauge
- Yarn needle
Length approx 42" / 106.5 cm
With Approx 9" / 23 cm
First Fan = 7.5" / 19 cm across widest point; 4" / 10 cm from bottom of ring to top edge. Remember to check gauge for best results.
1. The second fan is joined to the previous fan using sl sts at the beginning and/or end of some rows. Beginning on the third fan, each new fan is joined to the previous two fans using sl sts at the beginning and/or end of some rows.
2. After working the joining sl st, ch-1 is needed to continue working on the next row, but it is not counted as a stitch. Make the ch-1 tightly to avoid an obvious gap between stitches.
3. The fourth fan (and all even-numbered fans thereafter) begins with two ch-10 loops, to keep RS of fans consistent throughout.
4. Odd-numbered fans are worked along the right side, and even-numbered fans are worked along the left side of the scarf.
Ch 15. Join sl st to form a ring.
By Dora Ohrenstein